Summer is on it’s way and there’s gonna be some hot temperatures coming with it. Yea, that kind of heat that has us walkin’ ’round with our tongues hangin’ out. Imagine if you had to walk around wearin’ a fur coat in hundred degree temps WOOF! Us pets like ways to cool off just like you humans do, but sometimes we need some help from you. We have come up with a list of 10 ways to keep pets cool this summer that my Lady uses and works for all pets. Be sure and share it with all your pet loving friends to help them keep their pets nice and cool this summer.
10 Ways to Keep Pets Cool this Summer
1. Let your pet play in the sprinkler. (Molly’s favorite!)
2. Allow your pet to have his or her own kiddie pool. (Ozzy and Brandi’s favorite!)
3. Leave a couple of different water dishes outside, so your pet has plenty of water available.
4. Give your pet a cool bath outside and allow him or her to enjoy the cool water.
5. Fill up buckets of water and give your pet water toys to play with.
6. Put ice in your pet’s water to help keep it as cold as possible in the hot weather. When mine play outside, I have an old cooler (with top cut off) that I fill with water. I add to it, a milk jug with frozen water. The frozen ice and the cooler keep the water nice and cool while they are having their playtime activities!
7. Bring your pet inside, they can’t stand heat for long periods of time.
8. Give your pet constant access to water in any way possible.
9. Encourage your pet to drink water when possible.
10. Provide an outdoor shelter, or shade, out of the heat to rest in. We have a fan set up on the shaded porch, where they can rest and get a bit of air. While they are resting in the shade, let them enjoy a fun frozen Kong dog toy filled with a homemade mixture of Pumpkin and Banana! It will give them time to rest and cool off!
Providing these cool elements for your pet lets them know that you love and care for them. In a lot of ways, pets are just like humans, they want to feel cool when it’s hot out. Pets require the same love and attention that humans desire when they want relief from the heat. In the hottest part of the day, and at night, bring them inside to soak up some air conditioning! And, did I mention frozen dog treats?
Homemade Frozen Dog Treats
Homemade frozen dog treats are super easy to make and dogs love them! These easy Frozen Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats only has 3 Ingredients and can be whipped up in no time! If you dog loves apples, then these tasty Apple Ginger Yogurt Frozen Dog Treats might hit the spot. And, I’ve never met a dog that didn’t love chicken or yogurt! So, how about a smooth cold treat like these Homemade Frozen Chicken Dog Treats with Greek Yogurt?!
What are some ways you try and keep your pet cool during the summer months?