I told y’all about my cute little cousin Layla back when I introduced my family. She was such a cute little thing and was even newer than I was to the family. My sisters and me were a little rough on her then, but she grew up fast!
She rough housed with her human sister Kailey. She even let Kailey win the wrestlin’ matches!
I knew she was gonna grow up, but boy! She grew up to be a really big girl! Kailey even used her as a chair for goodness sake! They were best buds all the way 🙂
Sad, sad news:
Now, I have to tell ya, we had a really sad day this past week. Layla’s Lady, woke up to find that Layla had been really sick during the night. Not just a little, I mean really really sick! She had thrown up blood everywhere!!! She was very sick and moaning in pain. Before anyone knew what was happening, and before the vet could even open, Layla lost her battle and was gone. We lost our sweet Layla that morning. She was only a year old and we really don’t know, or understand, what happened. It all happened so fast! Because of the quickness of it all, the best thing that we can figure is she was poisoned by somethin’.
Layla stayed in the house most of the time and wasn’t allowed to go very far outside. She did get to go around the neighborhood a little and into a vacant field to play. We have guessed and guessed at all the possibilities. Could it have been rat poison, anti-freeze, etc.? But, in the end, we will never know. Her human folk made the decision to let her be and put her in her final restin’ place.
Our sweet Layla made the trip to Rainbow Bridge this past week and we will forever miss her! We will keep her in our hearts and memories. I am sure my older sister Sadie that made the trip to Rainbow Bridge last Christmas will find her and take really good care of her. She will definitely have a friend there waitin’ on her.
In Layla’s Memory —
Some Information on Pet Poisoning:
For all you pet owners out there – us furbabies don’t know what is bad for us. It is up to you human folk to help keep us safe. Fall is a particularly bad time of year for animal poisonin’. You human folks are gettin’ your vehicles ready for winter by usin’ anti-freeze. It is one of them bad things for us. We don’t know any better and will drink it or lick it up. Also, them other little varmits will start tryin’ to come in your house and you may decide to put out poisons for ’em. We don’t know any better and may try to eat it too!
Besides those poisons, there are some common human folk foods that can be very harmful to us! Chocolate, grapes, raisins, avocados, etc. For some furbabies, just a bite would be extremely dangerous!! Then there are medicines that can be bad for us too!
There is just a whole mess of things that can be poisonous to us. So, I went a huntin’ and found an article over on petmd.com that list a lot of the common poisonous things. It also tells ya all about the symptoms and what ya should do if you think your pet may have gotten into somethin’ they shouldn’t have.
So, with all this in mind, I want to say goodbye sweet Layla you are in good hands with sister Sadie! Y’all don’t have to much fun there without the rest of us!