The NosePrint.com also asked 3,000 Americans about their dog-related holiday habits, including whether their dog is involved in gift-giving, stocking-stuffing, Christmas sweater-wearing, and other holiday traditions.
What they found is that Americans really LOVE their pets. For instance, did you know 71% of dog parents give gifts to their pups? Have you completed your Christmas doggy shopping yet?
According to the survey, here are the top 5 reasons people give gifts to their dog:
2. Because it’s fun for me: 60%
3. To help my dog feel included like a family member: 54%
4. To give my dog a moment of happiness: 53%
5. To feel closer and bond with my dog: 43% For me, I like to give presents to my pups because of all of these reasons. They are such an important part of the family — I can’t imagine the holidays without them.
The study also shared how often dogs are included into popular Christmas traditions:
2. 43% of dog parents include a dog in a photo for a family holiday card.
3. 32% post photos of their dog on social media with a holiday message.
4. 29% dress up their dog in a holiday-themed costume or outfit.
5. 22% make or buy dog-themed holiday decorations.For photos and instructions on how to add more dog-related fun to your home holiday traditions, check out these cool projects they have here on The Noseprint!
Finally, want to know which states have the most spoiled pups?
The 2015 TheNosePrint.com Santa Dog Index ranks states based on how much, on average, dog parents will spend on their furry kids:Top 10 States That Spend the Most on Holiday Gifts for Dogs:
1. New Jersey: $29.61 (average gift spending per dog for state residents)
2. New York: $28.95
3. Pennsylvania: $28.75
4. Utah: $27.75
5. Georgia: $27.04
6. California: $26.07
7. Washington: $25.81
8. Florida: $25.13
9. Illinois: $24.98
10. Virginia: $24.58Apparently, it’s good to be a dog in the New York tri-state area. You can find the complete rankings of all 50 states at www.TheNosePrint.com.
ENTER TO WIN!
To be entered to win the care package, just visit this DIY decor article on TheNosePrint.com and tell me in the comments below which DIY doggy decor project that you think your family would love best.
This prize will NOT arrive before Christmas.
The giveaway ends 12/28 at 1159p est. The giveaway is open to US only, 18+
Be sure to come back daily for more chances to win.