The ASPCA is celebrating our 150th anniversary and in honor of this important milestone, we have launched 150 Days of Rescue, a nationwide action campaign that seeks to unite the country in making a difference in the lives of animals. As part of this initiative, kids and their families are encouraged to visit Join the campaigns and pledge their time between April 10 and September 7 to help animals in need, with the goal of reaching 150,000 actions for animals in 150 days.
- Host a Bake Sale: Kids can cook up fun food items for bake sales and sweet swaps to raise funds for animals. Animal-shaped cookie cutters make the point deliciously clear.
- Organize a Supply Drive: Collaborating with others or on their own, kids can create school or community donation drives that collect crucial shelter supplies like towels, food, newspaper, cleaning products, blankets, toys, and more. Check with your local shelter first to see what they need most.
- Become a Foster Family: When families provide temporary homes for animals awaiting adoption, they help animals get used to home environments, expose them to new potential adopters, and help prevent overcrowding at local rescues and shelters. Visit your local shelter to learn more about their foster programs.
- Donate a Special Day: Kids can make their birthdays or other special days more meaningful by asking friends and family to donate to an animal welfare cause instead of – or in addition to – giving traditional gifts. These events are also great opportunities for donation drives.
- Write About Animal Welfare: Animal welfare issues make great essay and report topics because they combine compassion with a strong and specific cause, like animal homelessness, puppy mills, dog fighting, animal cruelty, and more.
In honor of our 150th anniversary, we’re kicking off 150 Days of Rescue, a campaign seeking to inspire the nation in reaching 150,000 actions for animals in just 150 days! Simply donate at least 15 minutes of your time between April 10 and September 7, 2016, to helping animals in need, and log in HERE for the chance to nominate your favorite shelter to receive a $150,000 grant prize.
The pack includes:
- ASPCA 150th Beach Ball
- ASPCA 150th Towel
- ASPCA 150th Luggage Tag
- ASPCA Frisbee
- ASPCA Tote
ENTER TO WIN!
TWO lucky readers will win this
ASPCA 150 Giveaway Prize Pack!
The giveaway is open to US only, 18+
The giveaway ends 5/2 at 1159p est
Be sure to come back daily for more chances to win.