If you’re like most people, you enjoy having a vacation every now and then. It can be a great chance to get away from it all and relax and unwind. In some cases, people are able to bring their pets along with them.
But what if your destination doesn’t allow them, or if you’re going on a cruise?
If you’re in this predicament right now, don’t despair.
In this invaluable article, we’ll discuss some of the best options available to you.
Take Them To A Pet Resort
This is a boarding facility that offers your pet a vacation of its own!
Here are some of the benefits:
- They’ll have the opportunity to socialize with other pets and people.
- They’ll be able to enjoy fun activities designed just for them.
- You’ll have peace of mind knowing your pet’s having a good time while you’re away.
Before choosing, make sure the resort’s clean and free of any hazards that could harm your pet.
The staff should be friendly and knowledgeable about animal care.
Also, choose a resort that offers a variety of activities to keep your pet entertained, such as walks, playtime, training, and more.
The people who leave their pets at Clawington confirm the popularity of things like haircuts and teeth cleaning, paw pad treatment, and bathing.
Folks want their pets to enjoy themed suites, outdoor water parks, luxurious bedding, and high-quality toys.
Pay For A Kennels Or Cattery
These are businesses that provide short-term care for pets, usually in the form of boarding.
This can be a great option if you’re looking for a safe and reliable place to leave your pet while you’re away.
Some advantages include:
- Your pet will be supervised by professionals who are experienced in animal care.
- They’ll have access to food, water, and shelter at all times.
- They’ll get regular exercise and playtime.
- Some venues offer special amenities, such as air conditioning, private play areas, and more.
- It’s an affordable option if it’s a short stay
On the downside, your pet may be exposed to other animals, which could put them at risk of illness or injury.
They may also not receive the same level of individual attention they’d receive at home.
If you pursue this option, ask friends or family for recommendations, read online reviews, and tour the facility before choosing.
Hire A Pet Sitter
This is someone who’ll come to your home and take care of your pet while you’re gone.
They’ll provide basic needs, such as food and water, and will also walk, play with, and generally take care of your pet.
Some advantages include:
- Your animal will be able to stay in its familiar surroundings.
- They’ll receive one-on-one attention and care.
- You can choose a pet sitter who’s specifically trained and experienced in caring for your type of pet.
Some things to keep in mind when choosing a pet sitter:
- Make sure you interview several sitters and do your research before hiring someone.
- Get some references and be sure to follow up on them.
- Make sure the person you hire is bonded and insured.
- Leave detailed instructions for the pet sitter, including contact information in case of an emergency.
Ask Someone You Know
If you have a close friend, colleague, or family member who lives nearby, they may be more than happy to take care of your pet while you’re away.
This could be a great option if you’re comfortable leaving your pet in their care and if they’re happy taking on the responsibility.
If you go down this route, make sure to leave detailed instructions for your pet’s care, including feeding schedules, exercise routines, and any special needs it has.
As with the other options we’ve discussed, you should also provide your contact information in case they need to reach you while you’re away.
There are some things you should do before you ask anyone to look after your pet.
First, make sure they’re relaxed and comfortable around animals.
Second, introduce them to your pet ahead of time, so they can get to know each other.
Finally, you’ll need to provide everything they’ll need to take care of your pet, including food, a bed, toys, and any medications.
If you still don’t succeed, put up flyers in your neighborhood or post something on social media.
Finally, some pet feeders have built-in timers for delayed feeding.
Once you’ve found a solution, you’ll be able to relax and look forward to your vacation.
Then you’ll return refreshed and invigorated, and happy to be reunited with your pet.